bitubenny wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2018, 12:55
Other than patient orientated care, what are the other roles of a clinical pharmacist??
Other than direct patient care, you are expected to manage the Medication related policies throughout hospital like
1) Maintenance of Drug formulary
2) Maintenance of ward stocks (including ED and Ambulance)
3) Crash cart management throughout hospital (including all high risk areas)
4) Narcotics usage and issue verification
5) Conduct CMEs for nursing and doctors relating to new therapies and hospital policies on medication (Verbal orders, high risk medication verification, LASA management etc...)
6) You can also opt for becoming quality representative / executive by gaining some training
7) Coordinate with HIC team to develop Antibiotic policies
8) Conduct Clinical audits ...
These are few enlisted, you can explore more and more as you gain experience.